Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Pregnancy #3 - Love my family

(Warning: Long post ahead) 

I've been bed-ridden for the past few days. Today was the first day I finally managed to drive again. Shall spare you all the details, but let's suffice it by saying that it was pregnancy-related and oh boy, was it a pain in the ass! I've had the "misfortune" of having this pregnancy ailment for all my 3 pregnancies! *bleah*! But at least the results of the pregnancies are worth it!

Well, having so much time on the couch / bed, I've had lots of time to think about my life and count my blessings!

I'm so thankful that it was as if God knew that I would be bed-ridden! Sam was invited to a birthday party on Sunday and I had arranged with Gabriel's Godparents to take him on that particular Sunday so that hub and I could spare up a few precious hours to do some spring-cleaning of our study room and basement.

It was a pretty successful day! Albeit from my hubby's part.

We had very good division of labour. I laid down on the couch / napped / relaxed, while hubby rearranged his massive collection of DVDs and did some proper deep cleaning.

The kids were out of our hair and there was SO much peace in the house. It was just so good to be able to relax without being on standby mode at the call and command of 2 young human beings.

I was also thinking about how Gabriel would no longer be the baby of the family. He's been the baby of the family for 2.5 years and I wonder how he would take being dethroned / promoted to big brother, depending on how you see it.

You see, Sam was barely 2 (22 months) when Gabriel was born, whereas Gabriel would be a full year older than Sam (32 months) when #3 will be born.

I'm already concerned that he's going to be jealous - which I know is a very normal reaction for any child. Already when I carry a baby in  my arms, the poor boy would sandwich himself between the baby and me sorta signalling to me "Hey Mom, don't forget I'm YOUR baby, not this other baby!"

And Gabriel feels more attached to me than Sam was at the same age. He takes a while to get accustomed to new faces and with strangers, he can remain pretty aloof and shy. He has no qualms about sticking to me while other kids play with each other if he's not familiar with any of them.

You know how they say your heart will expand to accomodate the next baby? I'm sure my heart will. But my heart also sobs at the fact that my baby will become a middle child instead of remaining the baby.

I know its the pregnancy hormones at play right now. I was also a middle child (2nd out of 4 kids)  and I think I turned out ok. So I'm hopeful that Gabriel will turn out fine as a middle child too.

Oh and have I mentioned how thankful I am for my hubby took care of the kids and held the fort on the Saturday when I was out of order. He did all the laundry, prepared a meal (in the oven), fed them, kept them busy (in front of the TV). Lol. A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do right?

My in-laws helped me out on Monday too by taking the kids. So in total I had at least 4 consecutive days when I could just focus on recuperating and getting better.

So SO SO SO thankful!

It's really the little things that makes one thankful!

34 weeks down and 6 more to go.

I'm really hoping and praying that baby shows his face earlier than 40 weeks cos my gynae wants to induce me by my due date! He says that due to GD, its not recommended to let baby bake for longer than 40 weeks because there might be placenta complications.

I've never been induced before. And I had a C-section with Samuel. And in countries like Singapore and Canada, gynaes won't induce a woman who's had a previous C-section scar. But in Germany, gynaes appear to be more relaxed about this issue and no amount of persuasion seems to change my gynae's mind.

I'm just going to have to try all sorts of natural means to encourage baby to come out earlier then!

-------------------------

We finally did our photo collage on our wall and here are some photos to share!

Just for fun. Can you guess who's who? 
Should be quite obvious?


Those were the days when the boys were small enough to fit into a sink!

The greatest Dad and husband for me

Guess where we were?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pris,
loved reading your post. It was so heart-warming and I totally can put myself into your shoes. Soon you're going to be a proud Mom of 3 sweet and to-be-totally-handsome boys!
Lots of hugs, Sandy

Pris said...

Hey Sandy!
Thanks for your lovely comment. We don't happen to know each other in real life, do we? It still feels surreal to think of myself as a Mom to 3! This pregnancy has been the most "neglected" one in terms of pregnancy blog updates and bump shots! Hah. Can't wait to see what #3 looks like!

Gcroft said...

Hope you're feeling better after some rest, though I suspect you're back on feet running the household again. Sending positive thoughts and energy to you and the family. All mums have superhuman strength and you are no exception. Each and everyone of your children will always be your baby, no matter what age (as I am to my parents and I'm 'ahem' an adult :-) ). The difference between having someone else's baby and your own baby in your arms is that Gabriel will know that it is his own flesh and blood, he is the older brother and will have lots of love to share with the baby.

Not quite baby #2, perhaps you do all this anyway but thought I'd share this post which I read only 2 days ago.
http://www.ahealthysliceoflife.com/preparing-for-baby-2-the-best-advice-i-ever-got/

I've been reading your blog for years now, Pris. I don't need to know you in person to know that you are an awesome woman, mother, wife, daughter, sister and friend.

Remember, I got rid of some of my anxieties about being a mum after following your blog.

https://gcroft.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/happy-4th-anniversary-dear-blog/

Lots of love
Anne/Gcroft

Pris said...

Dear Gcroft

What a lovely and sweet message dear!!! I'm feeling much better, physically and therefore emotionally too. We just celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary and had a staycation in Le Meridien without kids, so that was pretty awesome! I'll blog about that soon! Thanks for the links!!! I'll take a look! And I do remember that time u mentioned me on your blog! Feel so honored! hah. Yes, you're right. Gabriel will know that baby is his brother and that would make a big difference too. :) I'm really looking forward to getting to know our 3rd boy soon!

Love and hugs!
Pris

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a Singaporean mom with a German husband too, I like following you on Instagram and reading your stories. I hope all goes well with your delivery!

Pris said...

Hi Anonymous!!! What's your username on Instagram? Thanks for following!!! 3 more weeks to EDD and I'm still not very prepared yet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails