Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sammy's first performance

Sammy's kindergarten had their annual Summer Festival last Friday.

I heard from my neighbour that the kids would put up a little skit followed by barbecue.

Thing is, my kids still nap everyday so I had to pick Sammy up earlier and put both of them down for their naps before the festival began at 4pm.

I must have overestimated my ability to wake the kids up and get them out of the door. Needless to say, I was running late and had to hurry the poor boy down to the kindergarten, while pushing the stroller with Gabriel and carrying a big bag with my potluck contribution.

I had hoped that they wouldn't begin punctually at 4pm because which kindergarten's performance starts on time right? Last year's Christmas play started at least 20 minutes later than planned and I was one of the earlier ones so I had to wait.

My heart skipped a beat when I realized that the entire garden surrounding the Kindergarten was completely empty!

Where were the kids??

I rushed up the stairs to the performance hall and heard one of the Mothers say that they were waiting for "Sammy". Ahhhh!

I brought Sammy backstage and heaved a sigh of relief when the school leader said they still have to wait for one or two children who had to go to the toilet.

When the curtains opened, EVERY single kid was looking earnestly at the audience for their parents! When Sammy saw me, he was sooo happy and kept waving! I realized how important it is for a parent to be there for special occasions! It might seem like an insignificant event but to the child, it means the world to him / her!

Hubby tried to be there by 4pm but only managed to make it around 4.40pm. He was held back at work and was stuck in heavy traffic. It turned out fine though, because Sammy's performance was the last.

I felt so proud of my little man. He was an angel dressed in white and waved a yellow star. Funnily enough, when I was in preschool, I remembered being dressed in yellow and waving a yellow star too!

I wish I got it all caught on video / a proper camera. But in my rush to get out of the house, I only had my trusty iPhone that cannot take proper long-range photos.

So here's what I managed to capture.

Spot him on the right? With a star on his forehead
Looking a bit bored while waiting for his turn


He kept waving while walking in circles


I do so enjoy being a Mom.

It's milestones like this that I want to treasure. This boy totally warms my heart. I feel so blessed being able to watch him grow up and am even more honored that God chose me to be his Mom!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails