Tuesday, November 18, 2014

To BE THERE

I know every Mom has her own reasons for staying at home with her kids or going back to work.

For me, my main and actually only reason for staying at home is just so that I can BE THERE. 

Be there to be the one to wake up with my kids and give them breakfast.

Be there to pick Sammy up from Kindergarten

Be there to give them their lunch and clean up after their mess.

Be there to put them down for their naps.

Be there to bring them out when the weather is nice.

Be there to witness every.single.milestone.FIRST-HAND.

Not through some word of mouth testimony of a nanny, or a grandmother, or a caregiver.

But to actually be able to see, laugh and cry over every single moment.

Having Sammy in preschool now, I realized that my time with Gabriel is limited! Sure, I'll be able to pick him up after preschool but that's like half the day gone! I won't have him around me 24/7. Makes me sad to even think about it now!

Before I had kids, I could never really relate to these little creatures. I always knew I wanted to have kids, but for other peoples' kids, I was always a bit petrified to carry a baby, let alone babysit one. I always thought, "Oh man, if something happens to this kid while in my care, there is no way I could 'replace' this kid!".

But then I become a Mom and things changed.

Oh how they have changed!

I won't say something cheesy like "The old has gone and the new has come".

But on some days, I do feel that!

I do so enjoy being a Mom. SO MUCH.

I don't actually think I found a job that I enjoyed more than being a Mom.

Perhaps that's why the decision to be a SAHM always came easily for me.

You know how they say to find something that you're passionate about and just do it?

I found the thing that I'm passionate about.

And during this season of my life, I do find myself wishing that time will freeze.

And you know how when you found a job that you love, and you know that you're good at, you just don't want things to change?

That's where I am right now.

I love being a Mom to a 16 month old and a 3 year old. 

So cherish the moment is what I shall do.

I'll cherish each day that my little one still allows me to kiss him without turning his cheek away. I'll cherish each day Sammy runs to me at the door when he sees me pick him up at preschool.

Live the present. Enjoy it for what it is.

A gift.




This video my friends, is living proof of why I need no other reason to show me that I won't regret being a SAHM to my children.

(Disclaimer: This entry was written for my own personal documentation of my life right now. In no way do I intend this post to be used to guilt-trap any Mom who has decided to rejoin the workforce for whatever reason she has. The war of SAHM-vs-working Mom has been waged for far too long. Every Mom does what she deems best for her kids.

If you have gone back to work, be the best working Mom you can be. You will know and figure out the best way for your kids. Go to work if that fulfills you and you know that you make a difference in what you do. But don't go to work because you think an institution / another person can take better care of your kid than you. God has given your kid to YOU, He will equip you with everything you need for this season of your life.

If you're a SAHM, be the best SAHM for your kids and don't feel guilty about not providing income for the family. You are investing in the lives of your kids full-time. Time with your kids is something that no amount of money can buy. That's service that the Lord sees and He will reward one day.

Guilt, at the end of the day, does not come from the Lord.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails