Tuesday, December 03, 2013

1st Advent

My hand-made Advent candles stand and decoration

It's that time of the year again.

We're down to one last month in 2013. How on earth did this year fly by sooo quickly?

Advent means "the arrival" and the 4 weeks of advent is meant for one to take time to prepare oneself for the arrival of Jesus.

I'm thankful for this time of Advent to wind down from the year's activities. Although I must say that our December is going to be pretty packed as we're expecting visitors from Singapore.

My Dad and his girlfriend, my best friend and her husband as well as our perennial Christmas visitor and almost-family member, Belinda and her hubby are going to visit us!

Still, I want to spend this Advent in a moment of quietness. Reflection. Thankfulness. Gratitude that God has once again been gracious to us and shown us His favour.

May you also take some time to look back at the year and I pray that you'd be able to recognize God's footprints in your life.

1 comment:

Gcroft said...

Hope you had a good Christmas. All the best for 2014.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails